Addition 3 PDF - Student & Teacher
The Parent/Teacher Guide has instructions on how to teach the lessons, sample dialogues, games, and the Answer Key. The Student Workbook has worksheets and practice pages, which together make a complete package.
To order click the Add to Cart button for Addition: Booklet 3 PDF - Student Workbook - Regrouping into Four Digits, a 37 page downloadable PDF you print.
Click this title to download Addition: Booklet 3 PDF - Parent/Teacher Guide. This booklet is included in the price.
Addition is an important place to begin the journey of loving math.
- The lessons start with play and free exploration.
- Addition is introduced with blocks, every day objects, or a game. Then we discuss it, build it, and verify their understanding. With practice they own the knowledge. They begin to learn to think like mathematicians.
- Recording helps the student link the real world concrete objects to abstract symbols (numbers).
- Confidence is built with games and practice.
- Memorizing the recipe for how to carry does not result in understanding of the basic concepts of regrouping. The Patterns in Arithmetic series teaches for understanding. The student constructs understanding through experience, not being told "how to do" the problems.
- Circle Math is our unique way to teach addition and regrouping. It is the process of breaking up a large problem into many small problems, solving each small problem, and adding the results.
- The student is guided to find patterns and generalize those patterns in to working knowledge of how procedures work and why they work that way.
- Parents are guided though a series of lessons that give sample dialogues that a teacher might have with a student who is learning.
A comprehensive assessment is in General Organization - Grade 3. Click title for a free downloadable PDF.
Topics included in booklet:
Speed Test Drills
Circle Math Addition - Reviews Addition with Two Digits
Reviews Regrouping with Two Digits
Regrouping into Three Digits and Four Digits
Practice Three Digits and Four Digits
Gus the Bus Driver - Word Problems
Families of Facts
Patterns in Sums: Column Addition
Circle Math: Equality - Discovering the Commutative Property
Practice problems in three and four digits with regrouping