Ten Digits/Homeschool PDF
An engaging series activities to creatively combine three numbers to build ten equations. Ten Digits Challenge encourages playing with numbers and operations, flexibility in thinking, and demonstrates number sense. For ages 12 and up. Kids and adults love these challenges! To order click Add to Cart, for a 32 page downloadable PDF you print. The order must be Fulfilled before it can be downloaded.Prerequisites:
- Fluent in basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of integers
- Be able to create an equation with a set of three numbers 1, 2, 3: 1 + 2 + 3 = 6 with a range of answers less than ten
Students will learn to:
- read, define, and apply square numbers, square roots, order of operations, use of parentheses, and exponents in order to solve Ten Digits Challenge problems;
- read, define, and analyze basic operations to construct unique solutions;
- demonstrate and apply the use of parentheses, order of operations, square roots, and exponents in order to formulate solutions;
- demonstrate how to organize a mental procedure into a written equation;
- develop stamina in order to increase problem solving;
- discuss and support calculations in order to compare or prove a solution;
- devise at least two or more solutions to a problem.
Includes lessons and student worksheets on teaching square numbers and square roots, use of parentheses, order of operations, exponents, and negative numbers.