Division Placement PDF
Click on the word Division Placement Assessment PDF to determine which division booklet is the right one for your student(s).
This is a downloadable PDF for you to print.
Booklet 1- Basic Concepts
Designed for seven to nine-year-old students (third grade) who have never had formal instruction in division number sentences.
Prerequisite: Multiplication Booklet 1
Booklet 2 - Breaking Up Division
Designed for nine and ten-year-old students
Prerequisite: Division: Booklet 1 or previous instruction in division number sentences and multiplication tables required.
- begins with the basics of how the Distributive Property of Multiplication allows the division of longer numbers, e.g., 1457 ÷ 3 by breaking the numbers into smaller units in order to divide.
- uses area models to visualize division problems.
Booklet 3 - Working with Double Digit Division
Designed for ten and eleven-year-old students (fifth and sixth grade)
Prerequisite: Booklet 2 or Base Ten Division or previous instruction single digit division
- teaches mechanics of decimal remainders and division with double digit divisors, e.g., 1456 ÷ 23.
Base Ten Division - Chrysalis Charter School
Designed for ten and eleven-year-old students (fourth and fifth grade)
Prerequisite: Division Booklet 1
- is a replacement unit for Division: Booklet 2 for students who need to use Base Ten Blocks to do division instead of the more complex methods taught in Division 2: Booklet 2.
- does not require as much fluency with multiplication tables and is easier than Division 2: Booklet 2.